Kitchen Designer – Retail Sales
We are seeking a Kitchen and Bath Designer to join our team!
You will design, estimate, and sell Retail Remodeling Projects to include, but not be limited to, customer qualification, administrative review, and processing of sales orders. This Retail Sales person will provide support in the areas of showroom design, upkeep, and maintenance of point-of-sales materials (samples and literature).
- Meet potential clients and gather information about their remodeling project
- Determine budget and time frame of proposed project
- Design, specify materials, and estimate projects
- Provide final plans and attend pre-construction appointments with tradespeople
- Be able to close remodeling projects and meet month sales goals
- Communicate with clients, subcontractors, co-workers, as appropriate, demonstration exceptional customer service
- Develop and extensive product base knowledge
- Assist in managing customer traffic at assigned showroom. Greet, qualify, and answer pre-design questions
- Assist in coverage at unassigned locations as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- 1 to 3 years Kitchen and Bath remodeling experience
- Ability to travel for in-home design consultations with clients
- Excellent organizational skills, strong math skills, verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Must be proficient in Kitchen and Bath design using 2020
- Must be proficient with MS Office, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to multi-task and manage time well
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Be self-motivated and goal oriented with clear personal and career goals
Ability to read, and interpret common business documents including reports, charts, graphs and diagrams. Ability to listen and communicate effectively with customers/clients to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers/clients, members of the business community and public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret graphs and diagrams.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
Typical office environment. The noise level is usually moderate. Work shifts may vary from standard business hours.
- The initial training for this roll will be conducted in our Columbia, Maryland office and will be on a Monday through Friday schedule (8:00-4:30)
- If assigned to a store location, the schedule may change (actual hours may vary by location)
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary + Commission
- Health Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid vacation time