Shipping and Receiving Professional
We are seeking a Shipping and Receiving Professional to join our team! You will be called on to work with various departments within the company by accurately receiving materials, working effectively with the warehouse staff, and handling the invoicing and shipping of outbound deliveries as well as other various system related duties.
- Manages the shipment and receipt of all products, materials, and supplies
- Collaborates and communicates with Warehouse Manager, client service representatives, as well as homeowners and builders in the receipt and shipment of products
- Tracks, traces, and updates the status of incoming and outgoing shipments
- Promptly receives all inbound orders
- Maintains delivery manifests as well as all inbound paperwork
- Engages with vendors, warehouse staff, and drivers with a positive attitude
- Provides additional backup support for Client Services department
- Handles the ordering of warehouse supplies as requested by the Warehouse Manager
- Knowledge of inventory systems as well as inbound/outbound scanning systems required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Minimum two-year business/trade degree preferred or the equivalent in work experience in the new home construction industry
- Minimum two years of client services, city desk, or sales experience
- Client service skills include being competent, accurate, responsive, and engaged
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
- Technical ability to read, write, and speak in English
- Strong knowledge of electrical products and systems preferred
- Working knowledge of PC for Windows, Internet, and Microsoft Office
- A positive attitude and the ability to work effectively with all levels of employees within KBC as well as with vendors and the public
- The willingness and ability to learn the product line as well as policies and procedures
- Ability to effectively plan and organize
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Willingness and ability to participate as a team player
- Must be reliable and maintain good attendance
Ability to read, and interpret common business documents including reports, charts, graphs and diagrams. Ability to listen and communicate effectively with customers/clients to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers/clients, members of the business community and public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret graphs and diagrams.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Required to sit for long periods of time with or without accommodation.
Typical office environment. The noise level is usually moderate. Work shifts may vary from standard business hours.
- The initial training for this roll will be conducted in our Columbia, Maryland office and will be on a Monday through Friday schedule (8:00-4:30)
- If assigned to a store location, the schedule may change (actual hours may vary by location)
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary + Commission
- Health Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid vacation time