Perry Hall Kitchen & Bath Design Center Opens!
A Great Celebration Recipe
Summer’s winding down, but that doesn’t mean the celebrations are over. We all know that often the star of any celebration is the dessert.
Come help us celebrate our new Perry Hall Kitchen & Bath Design Center. We’ll have plenty of sweet treats on hand, including this Almond Amaretto Pound Cake. This dense, moist pound cake flavored with almond amaretto liquor topped with a warm buttery amaretto sauce will wow you!!! We can’t wait to see you, and you’ll be glad you stopped by.
Almond Amaretto Pound Cake
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 3/4 cup extra fine granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/4 cup amaretto
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup extra fine granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup half & half
- 3 tablespoons amaretto
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 10-inch bundt pan with baking spray or butter and flour it. Set aside.
- In small bowl, whisk together milk and vinegar. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In large bowl of stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla and almond until well combined. Beat in flour mixture alternating with milk and amaretto.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes, until center is set and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow cake to cool completely (in bundt pan) before inverting onto cake plate.
- Amaretto Sauce: Combine the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring often, until smooth. Add the cream and amaretto and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve pound cake warm drizzled with amaretto sauce.
We hope this recipe is also a hit with your friends and family! And again, please join our KBC family at our new Kitchen & Bath Design Center in Perry Hall, Maryland.
Our Grand Opening is Friday and Saturday, August 24th and 25th. We will be there both days from 10:00 – 5:00.
Perry Hall Showroom—Joppa Corners Shopping Center
4136-B Joppa Road, Nottingham, Maryland
Intersection of E. Joppa Road and Belair Road
Next to the new CVS and right next door to the flooring store (Carpet Concepts)