Kitchen Design with Pets in Mind
Pet-Friendly Kitchen Design Ideas
For a kitchen that’s truly the “heart” and “hub” of the home, don’t forget Fluffy and Fido! With our kitchens acting so much like a “family room,” we like to create designs with your furry pals in mind.
Here are some great ideas to make your kitchen a warm and inviting space for family and pets alike.
Pets can be very curious and love to explore. A good kitchen design can help keep them safe from daily hazards.
Here are a few safety tips:
- Protect your cat’s paws from a hot stovetop with an induction hob or stove burner covers.
- Prevent your dog from chewing through electrical cords with good cable management. Trunking is an excellent way to eliminate dangling wires and gives a neat, professional-looking finish to your décor.
- Keep bins covered inside a cabinet to prevent pets from coming into contact with dangerous waste and foods.
- Always check your washing machine and dryer for snoozing pets before operating.
- Store all sharp objects such as knives and tools well out of reach.
Let your KBC Kitchen Designer know what type of pet you have and your concerns.